Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tour de Cure- Brighton, Michigan

On June 5th I participated in my third American Diabetes Tour de Cure. This year I opted for the 25 mile road ride as the day was filled with other obligations. The ride was pretty uneventful other than I followed the cue sheet (not the map) and the road markings which pretty much did not correspond to the map. This resulted in an eight mile trip out of my way and off the beaten path. This also meant that I would not complete my ride with enough time to make it to my son’s final travel soccer game.
Being the creative person I am, I decided to back track to the Brighton Recreation area and pick up the Murray lake single track and ride that instead of the road. This worked out well as I finished on time with a total of 22 miles, some of which was on the dirt. A win, win in my book.

I’d like to thank the following people for their generous donations and support in my fundraising efforts:

Mom
My son, nieces and nephew
Uncle Dave
Cousins Bridgette and John
Kathy Wyatt
Judi Swidan
Todd Blumerick
Stacy Kearney
Martha Osbourne
Benjamin Pinette
Laura Santoro
Peter Rahotina
Pam Hamilton
The Brewer’s
Herb Schroeder
Rick Carek
My Beautiful Wife

Again THANKS to all of you for your support!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers